Permanent Australian residence visa for business people
Australia’s Business Talent visa is a permanent residence visa for business people who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency. We arrange this nomination for our clients.
To be able to get this visa you need to submit an expression of interest to the Immigration dept. (which we also arrange) and then be invited to apply for the visa by them.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is decided.
The Business Talent visa (subclass 132) allows you to establish a new or develop an existing business in Australia.
Benefits of the Business Talent visa
This is a permanent residence visa and it lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a
- resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
How to qualify for a Business Talent visa
You might be able to get this visa if:
- you are nominated by a state or territory government
- you are invited to apply
- you and your family members (whether or not they are included in your application) meet health and character
- you meet the additional requirements for the stream in which you apply.
Business Talent visa applicants must meet certain health and character requirements
The results are usually valid for 12 months. This also applies to all dependent family members included in your application, whether they are migrating or not.
You must meet certain character requirements. You must be prepared to provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age.
IMPORTANT – do NOT arrange for police certificates until we ask you to. This applies to you and all the dependent family members listed in your application, whether they are migrating or not.
You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.
Significant business history stream
You, your partner, or you and your partner combined must have all of the following:
- total net assets of at least $400 000 AUD as the ownership interest in one or more qualifying businesses for least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply and if the qualifying business(es) was a publicly listed company, a shareholding of at least 10 per cent of the total issued capital
- net business and personal assets of at least $1.5 million AUD that are legally acquired and can be transferred to Australia within two years after the visa is granted
- a total annual turnover of at least $3 million AUD in one or more of your main businesses in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
- ownership of at least:
- 51 per cent of a business with turnover of less than $400 000 AUD per year
- 30 per cent of a business with turnover of more than $400 000 AUD per year, or
- 10 per cent of a publicly listed company
- an overall successful business career
- no involvement in unacceptable business activities
- a genuine desire to own and maintain a management role in a business in Australia.
You must also be younger than 55 years of age, although a state or territory can waive this requirement if your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit to the region where it will operate.