Temporary Work Visas (457 Visa)
This visa lets a skilled worker travel to Australia to work in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor for up to four years.
Temporary Work Visa
This popular visa allows skilled workers to travel to Australia to work in their chosen profession. To apply for a Temporary Work Visa, you must be ‘sponsored’ by an approved Australian business. This means an Australian business can hire you from overseas and you will be able to live in Australia while you work at that business. You will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills to fill a position at that business, and there is a maximum limit of 4 years on the visa.
Difficulties with temporary work visa applications
While this visa can seem straight-forward in some ways, there are 3 components which must be aligned for the visa to be approved. These are:
- The company sponsoring you must be registered and able to sponsor workers
- The company must go through a nomination procedure to put forth your candidacy for the position
- You must then make the application for the visa once the first two tasks are complete
As with all visa applications Australian Immigration Lawyers will ensure you do not make the following mistakes when applying for your temporary work 457 visa:
- Withholding vital evidence or providing false evidence
- Not responding in time to Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) questions
- Misunderstanding Australian immigration law or policy
- Getting confused about the correct procedure or requirements
- Applying for the wrong visa
- Mistaking your eligibility for a particular visa
How long does it take to process a temporary work visa?
The visa can usually be processed very quickly if you can prove that there is an urgency. Approximately over 50,000 of these visas are granted at a time.
As visa processing times vary, it’s best to check the following Australian Government resource for an accurate estimated processing time.
About Australian Immigration Lawyers
Australian Immigration Lawyers have represented thousands of people in successful migration applications to the Australian Government since 1998. We devise successful visa strategies that work and look forward to discussing your case. Book a session today.